EDIA – Empresa de Desenvolvimento e Infraestrutura do Alqueva, SA
Supervision and Coordination
- Zoned embankment dam with a maximum height of 17m and a crest length of 454m.
- Intake water tower with two sluice gates.
- Bottom outlets in the water intake tower, equipped with wheel-mounted sluice gates, stemming from the supply duct through a metal duct with Ø800mm ending in a hollow-jet valve.
- Flood spillways consisting of a front labyrinth weir, scaled to 120m3/s and with a length of 80m, ending in a stilling basin with BUREC type II hydraulic ridge.
- Load chamber with a capacity of 100m3;
- Steel bypass pipe with Ø1.200mm and an extension of 200m;
- Hydroelectric power station equipped with a Francis turbine generator group and power of 700kVA, scaled to a flow of 2,85m3/s, a working drop of 25m and average annual production of 2,05GWh;
- Return channel.
Monte do Bolor Dam with a development of 37m.
Remote management and warning and alarm system.
Road network with a total length of about 3Km.