JORGE SÁ, SA
Coordination of Contracts
Machico, Madeira, Portugal
The work consisted of the construction of a commercial building, incorporating the areas for administrative and commercial services,
an underground car park for 140 cars and the respective technical areas. The building comprises hydraulic and electrical systems, a voice and data structured network, integrated security, HVAC and central management and mechanical lifting devices. The solutions adopted resulted in a Class B energy rating.
- Parking and technical areas: 8.150m2;
- Hypermarket and support area: 3.525m2;
- Offices: 515m2;
- Shops and restaurants: 910m2;
- Retaining-wall system of the Berlin-wall type, with definitive and temporary anchorages;
- Indirect foundations in piles, micro piles and jet grouting;
- General foundation with a thickness 0.5m;
- Cantilevered superstructure in reinforced concrete;
- “Deck” type roof in a metal structure.